My experiences of working with the South Asian community has shown me that our men:
- Experience a lot of stress and emotional conflict related to work, family, cultural issues and conflicting responsibilities, migration, relocation, and changing social roles and expectations
- The general belief is, especially amongst men themselves, that these experiences can’t be talked about, but this is far from the truth.
- Denying the existence of these pressures and not resolving them in a healthy way is hugely detrimental to both men’s well-being and to that of their loved ones.
- Men lack a safe and accepting space within which to openly talk about their issues – to appreciate they are not alone in their struggles.
The purpose of this group:
- Provide a safe and accepting space within which to talk freely and get support through men sharing their common experiences.
- Learn skills and knowledge to better respond to the challenges South Asian men experience.
- Build greater emotional confidence and resiliency to navigate conflicts.
- Process life stage issues.
- Minimize the sense of isolation by providing support and community.
Details of the two groups: Online via Zoom:
Meeting: Twice Monthly, Mondays 6.00pm – 7.30pm.
Group Size: Limited to 8 participants in each group
Population: South Asian men aged 40 to 60
South Asian men aged 30 to 40
Cost: $45.00 per session